View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
I'm a little late to this particular show, but I'm wondering where is the added value of an additional program that simulates a 6" screen? Isn't the whole point of reflowed text that it resists fixed-dimension formatting? As some else mentioned, there are a slew of other screen sizes available for consuming ebooks, from computer screens to tablets to smart phones. But even if there only existed one screen size for ebooks, every e reader I've seen allows the user to change font-sizes, and most allow the user to change the font-family. Indeed, It is exceedingly rare that I see two consecutive e-readers on the subway using the same display settings.
It's not that the eBook is being designed for a 6" screen. It's just so you can see if it looks good there too. It's just another way to check how it looks. Also, most eInk Readers out there are 6" screens. If it looks good on a 6" screen and in ADE, (desktop) chances are it will look good on most screens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote