View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by everklear View Post
The rice-drying appears to have resulted in success! I left it in there for a couple of weeks. When I pulled it out it would not turn on. I plugged it into power and it fired up immediately, even showing about 2/3 battery. After that, there was some odd behaviour - basically it would not turn on from a powered-off state using the power button. I set it to only sleep, never power off, and it's been fine. The weird part was that the power button worked to take it in and out of sleep mode, and even power off, but not power on. Today, after charging it from a completely flat battery, I decided to try the power-on again, and now it works. Seems all is well.
My guess is there was still a small amout of moisture in the unit for the problems that resulted in bad behaviour of the kobo. That said I am glad your unit is functioning... I would recoomend getting a sleeve that you can place your unit if you are prone to reading in the tub and there are a lot of us who are. The advantage of the sleeve would be watertight and usefull when camping or hiking outdoors or at the beach to keep sand and moisture out.
Glad to hear your back up and reading.

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote