View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #289
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Some bug finding....

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the SPK. I'll try it any time soon. I guess that trying out is quite harmless as long as my original config_local.php is preserved?

By the way, did some further testing:
1) Changed your suggested .container width in Style.css to 85%

Quote:
.container
{
margin:auto;
width:85%;
max-width:800px;
}
This works for all pages, except for the contents of the Summary in the book detail view. This text still runs outside the page width. See following example:

P.S. This screendump was made with the PRS-T1. Apparently the renderer renders the whole 'screen' in the shown image. In reality the screen only shows half of the grey area next to the black header box. The rest must be "swiped" into focus.

2) Changed $config['cops_update_epub-metadata'] = "0"; in Config local to "1"

This results in both Calibre and PRS-T1 not being able to display epubs downloaded on eReader or through webbrowser on my PC. Calibre shows the error below. Reverting back to "0" will fix the epub (but obviously omits the updated metadata)

3) Sorting of book titles through the dropdown box is impossible on PRS-T1. The dropdown box that shows when pushing on the gear does not want to disappear once it is shown. I guess it is a rendering problem of the browser included on the eReader.

Would be nice to have a solution for this, but it is not high on the wish list ;-)

Other 'wish list' feature:
- possibility to access other databases. I currently have a dutch and english database. I currently solved it by making separate instances in the web folder i.e.:

/web/calibre_dutch/
/web/calibre_english/

Would be nice to switch from within 1 instance of the COPS server. Again: not high on the prio list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1360006126483.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	100687   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS - Metadata error.png
Views:	498
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	100688  

Last edited by Northguy; 02-04-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Embedded pictures on Mobileread server
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote