View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
We have similar laws here in New Zealand. Our Consumer Guarantees law says that if there's a problem with something then the consumer can choose to deal with the store they bought the item from or directly with the manufacturer, the consumer's choice; the store must help you, they can't just say it's not their problem and force you to deal with the manufacturer. Also, goods must last a reasonable amount of time for the type of item they are; i.e. a TV that might come with a 12 month warranty must be fixed by the manufacturer even after 12 months because most people would expect a new TV to last for more than 12 months (say, maybe 5 years). It's no good the manufacturer saying the warranty is only for 12 months, they can't contract out of the law!

So my new Kobo Glo, which I think comes with a 12 month warranty, I would expect to last for at least 3 years. So if it breaks down within 3 years I can get it repaired or replaced for free.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote