View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #16
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not loaded. The issue was posed in another thread about how to justify an eBook. With an eBook, there is no "I don't care" option. You have left or full. So the poll I set up is to match the eBook. It has to be one or the other.
"Don't care" even applies when creating an e-book. People that don't care generally take the default, go with the flow, make a best guess, or look around to see what everyone else is doing. So, for example, if a survey shows that a majority of people don't care, then the question itself becomes moot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post

My source documents that I send out (EPUB, MOBI, and DOC) are not full justified nor do they look justified on my Nook Color. Could something have happened in any of the gazillion possible combinations of conversions and e-readers along the way? Yeah, probably.

Beyond that... I dunno!
Curious. I just re-downloaded the epub from Smashwords (to be sure, to be sure) and it definitely has "text-align: justify" in the styles, so it's not just my reader that's doing it. I see that the html and PDF versions of the book are not justified. So it seems like something the meatgrinder must be adding.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote