Thread: Android?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 AM   #69
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
I live in Korea, so it didn't have far to go.

I tried to instal .apk files with the file manager that the device came with but no luck. It simply says "invalid file." Moreover, there is no setting for "non-market apps" like there is on my android phone.

I looked around on the internet last night but not really sure about how else to install apk files. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

The inbuilt reading app not only has Chinese menus, it is clunky and has none of the functions found in the Onyx software. The only advantage of android is for third-party apps. The fact that there's no obvious way to put third-party apps on here is just a waste, in my opnion.

Here's a couple pictures. The back is a rough feeling metal finish. Because of this metal, the USB connection port scraps a little and thus makes my skin crawl whenever I insert a cable, ha ha, but otherwise the device itself seems okay. The glare on the screen, however, is a major problem. If I could install android apps such as Kindle or Google Books, I could live with the screen (it is still better than a tablet LCD) but as it is, the Onyx screen looks better and has way better software.

Oh, and I checked out cloud reading but it said that the device's browser is not compatible.

Like I said above, an interesting little device. It is fast but without third market apps it is useless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130202_163057-1.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	100533   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130202_163132-1.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	100534  
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote