View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #370
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo aura HD, Kobo Arc, Sony T2, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 , Kindle for PC
it was not a lock up - it was a repeatable crash to restart triggered by trying to open that epub. so something in the epub code was causing it.
I do still have the file - as original-epub after running the calibre convert which fixed it; but with no clue as to what to look for I don't think it is a worthwhile exercise.
If I copy it to desktop, rename it as epub, and drop it into ADE I get " ADE has stopped working...".

I can open it OK in sigil & run validate with Flight Crew...
no significant errors - just some unreachable stuff e.g.
This OPS document is reachable but not present in the OPF <spine>. "Reachable" means that a reference of some kind that points to this resource exists in the epub.
& some complaint about content.opf version number

I can't post the problem book file due to copyright rules. I suppose I can PM or email it for diagnostics if anyone is interested but it is 4Mb as it contains many pictures

Last edited by cybmole; 02-02-2013 at 01:50 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote