Originally Posted by bartveld
I have been wrestling with my Times font and why it displayed italics as bold. Looking around here on the forum I chanced on a suggestion to use the exact name of the font. For example, the file for a Times font on my hard drive is named times.ttf, but the actual name of the font is Times New Roman. So renamed the files and, lo and behold, it works. Don't ask me why, I can't say the delectable option to add fonts of your own on the Kobo has been made easy, but here you go...
I know this is not a recent post. But I'm going to answer this. I've seen a problem just like this on my 650 and I did manage to solve the problem.
The problem was the encoding of the files. You'll need to make sure your CSS is encoded as UFT-8 without BOM
. If that's needed to be done, I check all the other files as well just in case. I used Notepad++ for Windows to do this.