View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Chi Cygni
99% lurking mode
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, ASUS MeMo FHD 10
I played with Kobo Glo in the shop and was quite impressed. Cannot recommend though as I don't have enough experience with it. I did order and return Odyssey - mine unfortunately developed pinholes through which light was shining. I did not hear about anyone else whose Cybook would have this problem.

It is (Odyssey) a very nice device, screen is lighted well, many options and interface will be familiar to you coming from Gen3. Something to consider as you cannot have folders on Kobo. I confirm you can turn off the light completely on Odyssey. When light is off the screen seemed quite dark, darker than my vizplex Opus or Pearl on K3. I didn't like it (please remember my opinion is totally subjective, perhaps for you it will be all right) I never read PDF on ereaders so was not even interested in trying that feature.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote