Just committed version 0.3.0 to the repository. Since this is a rapidly evolving project with quite a few people involved and contributing (BTW: thank you all!), I'll just post my comments in this thread - it's not like there's anything secret anyway.
- I moved the execution of the script to the time when the Kindlet is terminating. (Hopefully) no more timing issues that we need to work around with sleep calls. This should be as close as we can get to "chaining" executions (thanks knc1 for the heads up!). I tested it on all my 4 devices with pretty much only the helper scripts installed, and it seemed to work correctly - I tested usbnetwork toggle, and 711 screen.
- Still using "background launcher scripts", though - for the simple reason that the commands could contain command chaining with pipes etc. (dummy example: "ls|wc"), and Java won't handle that correctly, so putting it into a .sh file and then running that seems like a good and robust solution.
- It's not horribly important, but I think that the launcher scripts could even delete themselves after running the target commands. Unless I'm totally wrong, something like
should work, shouldn't it? (That's pretty much what the current background launchers produce, except for the last line, of course).
But as said, not too important: these files are small, and they're deleted everytime the launcher kindlet is launched anyway.
- @stepk: With all the great input you've provided, I'll be happy to give you commit access to the repository. Let me know if you want it.
- @twobob: Along the same lines, I guess that the logo could/should simply be the egg. No need for our nicknames at the bottom, and the egg will look even nicer without the black background there