View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #5
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
agree 10000000% there. even more so since Audible seems to be moving toward forcing only their two largest file formats. I'm no audiophile and find format 3 just fine even format 2 was OK. But on my TF300t they only support format 4 (now called standard) or format E (enhanced and HUGE files). I did not mind my Creative Zen Xtra supporting only format 4 as I easily upgraded it to a 100gb drive but the LCD died. I just haven't gotten around to replacing it or trying a repair. Now I can grab a decent Android MP3 player with a card slot and be close to happy.

They have also added a setting n the Android app to download either a single large file or the old style multi-part files for a title.

Oh, have you also noticed on the single large file downloads Audible has gone to some weird codename file naming convention vs. the old Title-userid naming convention.

So much has gone in an off-putting direction since being purchased by Amazon. Perhaps they have affected business since the other newest change is all titles are now a single credit. As you say...about darn time!
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote