View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You have no chance of Amazon giving up control. They won't go for this. No way. Apple won't go for it. Besides, I don't want to give up my control as well. If I find I don't like how an eBook is formatted, I can fix it to suit me. With this new system, I'll lose that control with some format that's worthless. Given how some eBooks need fixing because of how poorly they are made, I'm not going for this at all.
Really it would need Adobe on board to make it work quickly and well enough with the existing ePub readers. At that point, it would seem to be a way to Sony, Nook, Books on Board, Kobo etc. to combine their mass to better against Amazon. Amazon would resist unless/until enough consumers considered device vendor lock out/in to be a bad thing. I doubt B&N would like it much either really. However both they and Amazon have committed to Ultraviolet already.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote