View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
Mapped to ebooks, the kindle app would check the rights locker for the books, and once granted download the content it could use, and the nook would do likewise. You don't worry about conversions because the right to the material is mapped to the proper format for you.
You have no chance of Amazon giving up control. They won't go for this. No way. Apple won't go for it. Besides, I don't want to give up my control as well. If I find I don't like how an eBook is formatted, I can fix it to suit me. With this new system, I'll lose that control with some format that's worthless. Given how some eBooks need fixing because of how poorly they are made, I'm not going for this at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote