View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #98
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I looked at a Kobo Glo, in person, but didn't feel the urge to jump for one. The reason is simple enough: I usually read during the day or on transit, so there are more important things to me than a front light. Cost, size, durability, and weight are the overriding considerations when it comes to selecting hardware. Software features enter the mix too: it has to support ePubs, support USB mass media, and provide a reliable reader.

If an ereader with front light met all of my quantifiable and qualitative criteria, then I would buy it. Yet it is very unlikely that I would spend an extra $20 just to have that feature over an otherwise comparable model.
BWinmill is online now   Reply With Quote