Originally Posted by Faterson
OK. I haven't seen this becoming an issue in practical use. It only concerns metadata and the cover picture (not the book text), and I set those before
converting anything to EPUB.
More pertinently for Marvin, version 1.2 now includes a metadata editor, so that even if the metadata or the cover happen to be incorrect after you load a book in Marvin, it's easy to fix those. In fact, one of the nicest new features in Marvin 1.2 is the ability to attach a random cover picture from your iPad's photo library to an EPUB that lacks it.
Which is the case for most Project Gutenberg releases. So I just open the Google Images search engine, input the book title there, save the thumbnail of the book cover of an original paper edition in the iPad's photo library, and then add the cover to the book in Marvin. It makes Marvin's Library look fantastic!
First, I strip DRM, second, I update metadata. Third I hand edit in Sigil, looking mostly to have a file split at chapters and that he TOC is there and works, or creating one if it isn't. Fourth, I convert to ePub.
At this point I simply browse to it using either safari or Marvin's browser and import.