View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #48
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ah- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
HEY you are AWESOME!
Great progress in no time! I'd like to help you out but I really have little free time in this period
about this: ipcrm -M 0x00008fb5
how did you find out the correct address? Probably the offset on the Glo could be different. Also, since you're on a touch, maybe it would make more sense to base yourself on the 5.3.2 update for the kindle touch rather than the one for the paperwhite, but maybe you're using it already
Yeah I'm using the Paperwhite image, once I get everything to work reasonably well I'm going to start over and document etc., if I can find a good Kindle Touch image I'll try to use it. But until now there weren't that many board-specific changes, so the Paperwhite image works fine.

I got the the shared memory key through strace, but "ipcs" should work as well.

Also, I guess it's time to find a clean way to boot the kindle chroot. At the moment I'm just executing the init files manually, but that's not exactly robust. And unfortunately you can't just start upstart and let it do its thing, it seems to work only as PID 1. So I'm a bit stuck on that issue.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote