View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
ApK
What did you call me?
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
What about chapter titles that include the entire plot outline:

Quote:
PART I. A VOYAGE TO LILLIPUT.
CHAPTER I.
[The author gives some account of himself and family. His first inducements to travel. He is shipwrecked, and swims for his life. Gets safe on shore in the country of Lilliput; is made a prisoner, and carried up the country.]
I've always wondered whether those authors wrote the main text, then went back and summarized for the chapter heading, or if they started by writing the chapter headings, and then filled in all the details....

I think it would make an amusing short story structure to have nothing but those chapter descriptions.

Last edited by ApK; 01-31-2013 at 10:18 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote