View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #33
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That was a distinct advantage for me as well. In Asian fighting arts, there is more left-right exposure, but my left was always faster any way. But in Fencing, where there is ONLY one side facing an opponent, being left-handed gave me a wonderful advantage. I was almost always facing right-handed people (just as they were) and used to it. But I was facing the same problem when I fenced against a lefty too! I was fortunate in that I had two lefties in my clubs to practice with.

Stitchawl
I find it to be a big help in Karate style arts, but no real advantage in Aikido. Maybe once we start training with the Katana that will change.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote