View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 AM   #15
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
I'm left handed, but have found it useful to be able to control the use of both of my hands in tasks like mouse handling, bag carrying etc.

I don't think twice about using either hand to pick up stuff with, but decided early on only to use my left hand to write, although I was encouraged in the school environment to be able to write with both hands.

However, one thing I definitely can't do is use scissors with my left hand ... nope, has to be my right hand; I predominantly use my right hand with the kitchen carving knives. Also, I was told very early on in life that it's impolite to eat 'left-handedly' at the table, and that it would draw attention to my handedness - so I was taught to always eat right handed.

My father, a very strong left-hander, was bashed by the Nuns when at school every time he used his left hand to write, or pick anything up. He was a very bad dyslexic and I believe that that was the reason.

BTW, I don't have any obvious creative talents, although I've been told by some that I'm an 'original thinker' ..... which I presume at the time the statements were made (in a higher ed situation), that it was meant to illuminate my knowledge about myself -as opposed to a statement of deficit. So - perhaps that's what my left-handed attributable creative is: originality in certain situations. (Pity it wasn't entrepreneurship along with it, drat!!)

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-31-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote