Originally Posted by ext233
i have a japanese PW that automatically updated itself to 5.3.3, and now my custom screensavers aren't showing up anymore! i'm not even sure if the jailbreak itself survived or not.
i tried flashing the two latest .bin files from the first post and got error messages with both of them.
my custom screensaver files are definitely still on the device, though. what should i do?
I had the same problem. This is probably not the best way to have handled it, but I did the following:
1. Downgraded to 5.3.1 via the links available here:
2. Reapplied the jailbreak from the same link.
3. Upgraded to 5.3.3 by hand (downloaded the updater from http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201064850
4. Per discussion on the jailbreak thread, reinstalled the developer certs, jailbreak bridge, and rescue pack by hand.
5. (Re)Installed the screensaver hack.
It worked. For a bit. Now I'm trying to figure out why it's not working anymore - I'm just getting the screen locking on the page of whatever I'm reading at the time.