View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #334
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
When adding weight, I'd expect that the margins around the letters will get smaller. That will give you less room for setting a small line spacing. With the normal Caecilia, setting the smallest spacing is no problem. I don't find it too dense. (I find more spacing to be too loose.)

If I'd be using a fatter Caecillia, it may be different of course.

Even though it's thinner than Caecilia, I like Palatino. The size is too big though: on theb same size settings, I lose 4 lines of text per screen, compared to Caecilia. Baskerville is okayish (problems with c and e, for me), but it's too small. It gains 4 lines per screen compared to Caecilia. Setting Baskerville one setting bigger, or Palatino one setting smaller, makes them just a tad too big or small for me.

Caecillia is just right in weight and size; the only thing it has against it is that it is not a beautiful font. It doesn't have the grace that Palatino and Baskerville have.
NO I test the non modified font the line spacing in the same. When you make a font smaller the line spacing is suppose to increase then you have to mod the metrics to fix that but this font seems to ignore those changes.

I agree Palatino is too big or wide. It's so light on my Kindle you barely see it. Baskerville renders so badly on the Kindle but it's a very sophisticated font. I'm surprise they went with it. I tried adding weight, shrinking it but it looks wrong no matter what I try. It could be that I am use to the fonts looking a certain way so they will always look off to me.

If you want to give Gentium a try you can PM me and I'll send it to you. It's a very nice font with old style appeal. It allows alot of words per page. All I did add a little bit of weight.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote