View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #631
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Thanks Faterson. Just as a side note, there are still many reasons why one may not use a cloud alternative even though it can make life easier (partly due to Apple choosing to sandbox all apps and hide the underlying file system).

In my case, there are certain proprietary documents that I cannot put up on the cloud so I'd need to manually transfer it between my computer and my iPad. Additionally, many employers will ban/block Dropbox and other cloud storage solutions, so it makes the technology less appealing when you spend a good chunk of your week at work. I don't use evernote for the same reason.

Personally, I'll take Android over IOS any day of the week due to a unified file system and the ability to move data easily and share data between apps without having to duplicate it every time, but when it comes to reading/annotating PDFs and Epubs, the quality of apps on the iPad is far superior to Android, and that is why I still use my iPad. If iAnnotate and Marvin were both on Android with the same quality as on IOS, I'd probably move to Android right away.

Last edited by orion2001; 01-30-2013 at 07:30 PM.