View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #51
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Would you ever buy another e-ink device that does not have this front-lit capability?
No, I wouldn't.

I pre-ordered my Paperwhite very early (in the UK), and suffered agonies while waiting for it reading all the concerns about colour-casts etc. and wondered if I'd done the right thing.

My e-reading up to that point had been a mixture of Sony e-ink in bright conditions and iPad when it's dull (in the UK, guess which was more common ...).

The Paperwhite, when it arrived, won me over completely right away. If I look carefully in certain lighting conditions, I can sometimes convince myself that there's a colour cast, but it really doesn't matter. The reading experience is much better than any of my previous options, and has replaced them all.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote