View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #21
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Notion Ink Adam PQ 3G
Oh god... You and me have very, very, very different views on what comic books are. A warning: This next piece is not directed at you, it's more of a general observation, so don't take it personal.

In my not so very humble opinion almost anything made after around 1990 is total garbage. Period. X-Men was OK until maybe around 1995, before the drawings started to look like surrealistic japanese crap. DC fell into that trap before that. There is one small exception, though: The Superman/Doomsday saga is pretty good, but that's the strenght in the storyline, not the drawings. They are terrible.

I'm talking about scanned comics from my collection of Marvel, DC, Conan, Calvin & Hobbes, Asterix, Lukcy Luke, Mad Magazine and golden age Carl Barks Disney. I really don't think they were made with the iBull in mind, with a possible exception for the Carl Barks stuff. He was always ahead of his time...

I have tried with Asterix, and the full size page of an Asterix is about 1 cm less in size than the monitor on my daughter's pc, a 15.6" Acer laptop. My wife's 14" Dell Latitude E is about 2 cm too small. I am of course going to use this unit portrait mode, not landscape. I will agree that double page spreads is a small problem, but they were much less common when comic books were still good. As for the money I think I've said before that it doesn't really matter to me, at least not up to twice as much as this thing costs. I have a lot more money than time, to be honest...

I just did your experiment, almost. I have an old 15.6" Asus K50C, and I could get it to display 1024x768, which is a bit more than 600, but still... A page from Lucky Luke, when zoomed so it took up all the width, but not all of the height (the format isn't exactly like a computer screen) it looked great, except for of course the laptop's extreme glossy mirror surface. I must find out if the tablet is that offensive. Of course 16:10 would fit the use better than 16:9, but I can live with the top and bottom border.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote