View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullahir View Post
Great advice! And duly-noted. By the way, I prefer .pdf for PC viewing because I am able to view the thumbnails in the folder, the covers, I mean. I am not sure you can do that with any other format in a regular folder.
But why not just stay in calibre and use it's viewer! You even have the option of a cover viewer.
Calibre's viewer is essentially a ePub viewer and all files that are not ePub will get a quick and dirty (read this as incomplete) conversion before being presented by the viewer. Since PDF files are known to often be bad sources for conversion to other formats it is best not to use calibre's viewer to view pdf books.

But PeterT I agree with you, for @Dullahir there is no reason not to use calibre to open the pdf in the viewer app of his/her choice. Just go to Preferences - Behavior and uncheck the box next to PDF in the Use internal viewer for list.

Certainly using calibre to search and find the PDF book you wish to view is nicer than poking around the thumbnails in your folder.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote