View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:36 AM   #136
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong: I think the apps freeze in Android, but keep running in iOS?
Not by default, no - when you switch away from an app in iOS it enters suspended state where it consumes no processor cycles but is ready to continue from where it left off when it is returned to the foreground.

An iOS app can request some time running in the background if it wants to, for example to allow it to finish a lengthy task it had already started, such as a download. However the app needs to take explicit steps to make this happen.

/JB
jbjb is online now   Reply With Quote