View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #36
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Congrats with your PW

Today I was at my aunt's, to update her (my former) Touch. The Touch is a bit heavier, and feels more compact than the PW. Also, I like it's back more: attracts no finger prints. The PW does. On the other hand, I like it that the PW is black instead of gray-silver.

The software update makes the Touch into a PW without light. If they had released a new Kindle with the new software and no front light, I would not have upgraded. But that front light is tha bomb... It has spoiled me. There is no comparison. I can't read on a non-front lighted reader anymore, having to find a place with enough light. Using the PW, I can read everywhere and make the light as weak or strong as I want or need.

Heck, because of the PW (and consistent print quality between books, font sizes, etc) I'm starting to even dislike real books (paperbacks at least)...

My PW is batch 502, pre-ordered in Germany on the day it appeared on the site. It got delivered in the first week of December, 2 weeks earlier than foretold by Amazon Germany. The screen is absolutely perfect, only showing the expected slight unevenness of the LED-lighting on the bottom.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-29-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote