View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 2, iPad 3&1, iPhone 5S, LG 8.3 & G2, Kobo Mini, Kindle DX&3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Does Marvin work its magic locally? Or, does it require one's notes and bookmarks being hosted on a cloud somewhere?!
Marvin does it very elegantly -- via email!

You have 2 options in Marvin:
  • export highlights and annotations in a standard (and human-readable) XHTML file
  • export bookmarks, highlights and annotations in a special backup format (MRV file)
As soon as you touch the menu option, an email message opens, with the XHTML or MRV file attached. I then email it to myself, which makes it available on all my computers as well as handheld devices.

If you delete a book and later wish to restore your bookmarks/highlights/annotations, just look up that email message and open the MRV file from it. That's it. You also get the option to either merge your current bookmarks/highlights/annotations with those in the MRV file, or to replace them with what is in the MRV file.

In the same way, if you wish to share your bookmarks/highlights/annotations with someone else, it couldn't be easier. Two taps with your finger, and that's it -- you simply email the MRV file to them.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote