View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for your reply. It looks like you've got the right answer.

I just tried temporarily disabling my anti-virus, and found that I could now download The Economist in six minutes. That's still twice as long as on my other machines (which have different anti-virus software), but it's a lot better than it was before.

I'm delighted that I can now take Calibre with me when travelling (although perhaps I should be worried about not having a-v protection while using it to download).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote