Thanks Сергей, works great!
Here are the instructions for windows (Windows 7, but XP and 8 should be similar):
1. start the launcher
2. connect usb
3. tap usbnet
4. If nothing happens on Windows, you'll need the ntx driver instead of the freescale one. You can get it from the original firmware (KoboRoot.tar\drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget\), replace the arcotg_udc.ko and g_ether.ko files in .kobo\usbnet. Repeat steps 1-3.
5. Windows recognizes the new usb device but can not find the right driver for it.
6. Go to Device Manager (start -> search for programs and files, type "device manager") and find the device with yellow exclamation mark under "other devices".
Right click -> update driver software -> Browse computer for driver -> let me pick from a list -> network adapters -> Microsoft -> Remote NDIS Compatible Device ->install it regardless it's "not recommended".
7. Go to Network Connections (start -> search for programs and files, type "Network Connections") and right click on RNDIS/Ethernet gadget, choose Properties.
8. Choose Internet Protocol V4 -> properties -> use the following IP address: 192.168.2.100, subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 .
To test the connection, start a command prompt (start -> search -> cmd.exe) and type "ping 192.168.2.101"
For remote login, I tested Putty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PuTTY
), works like a charm.
For file transfers I tried WinSCP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinSCP
), I had to set the protocol option: sftp server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server, after that it worked.
I also tried to use psftp and swish (http://www.swish-sftp.org/
), but I could't find options to set the sftp-server path, so I've created a symbolic link on Kobo usr/libexec/sftp-server to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server, after that these apps also work.