View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #40
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Regarding the original goal of this thread, I'm having problems with getting devcap-daemon to run. That's the only error message left when I try to start framework.

I faked /proc/board_id and /dev/mmcblk0p3 with 00A (any idea which board_id/codename is closest to the Kobo touch?) and a few zeros respectively, but it now dies with:
Nice to see you jumping in the wagon
I've added some scripts and the kernel module I use to fake board_id. I use a code that I found online, I don't think it is an issue to share it here but if we come up with something working it will have to be modified with something non-existing. A step I think is necessary to make the software run is to configure the framebuffer to 8bpp, that's what framebuffer_configure does, it is used also in my port of KPV.
BTW, where did you get that log? I'm just using strace at the moment since I can't get a proper log. Never had references to devcap but maybe I just didn't notice.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote