View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #299
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Could you post a screenshot containing italics and quotation marks and/or apostrophes? I assume the chapter title is an image (looks like the font on the cover of The Knife of never letting go)?
I've been messing around with combining different fonts for the same reason I think.
Yes, that part is an image. And it is The Knife of Never Letting Go, actually

The quotation marks in the image are the ones I replaced. Lusitana has only straight (I don't know if there's a better name?) quotation marks and apostrophes and I prefer some curve.

I'm still waffling on the italics. Currently I'm using a y-height and right-margin edited commercial "Swash" font because I like the style and it looks feasibly close to Lusitana. Unfortunately, italicized all-caps words look really strange. I'm still deciding if that's enough to make me try another one or not. I may experiment with some others just to see if anything else strikes my fancy
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote