View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Actually that wasn't too bad. I ended up using elibrarans batch file process and set it up to drag&drop the epub onto it...worked great. The only downside is having to have java installed...with all of its inherent security risks...

The result:

Quote:
Epubcheck Version 3.0

Validating against EPUB version 2.0
No errors or warnings detected.
So apparently ePubcheck3 says it's good to go.

- It displays fine in Sigil
- It displays fine in ePubReader plugin for Firefox
- It displays fine in Azardi
- It displays fine in Kobo iOS
- It displays fine in Stanza iOS
- It displays perfectly in Marvin

- It compiles in ADE but does NOT display the images
- It compiles in Kindle Previewer but does NOT display the images (no warnings)
- It does NOT display the images in Nook/Blio/Bluefire/iBooks iOS

So...in my very Sherlock-like fashion I deduce that
1) Lots of vendors SUCK - and don't comply with standards!
2) The Pseudo elements/classes MUST be supported - but aren't

and the answer to my question

3) Yes, it appears that Flightcrew is giving an error where there should NOT be one...and it is safe to ignore the error (it's legal), but depending on the reader/device the user may or may not enjoy the produce of your hard earned efforts...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote