01-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Jailbreak Kindle Touch 5.3.2
A much simpler, and recommended, alternative is to use Kubrick to either directly jailbreak 5.3.2[.1], or to downgrade to a jailbroken 5.1.2, then re-upgrade.
The original text is now hidden inside the spoiler. Seriously, use Kubrick.
OK, this seems to be asked a lot recently, so here is a short outline of the procedure. This actually works on all
Kindle Touch firmwares, but of course, if you have an older version, there are easier alternatives.
This is essentially a slightly modified subset of the steps to debrick a Kindle Touch, so please refer to the simple debricking sticky thread (and possibly the noob's guide linked from there) for more information about the required tools and how to use them.
Note that getting the tools to work on Windows has turned out to be a driver nightmare for many users; you're much better off if you use a Linux host system, because normally, the tools simply work (just remember they need to run with root privileges). Anyway, if you are having trouble with the tools, please ask in the simple debricking thread, not here!
- download and unzip the attached file (which is the developer certificate that constitutes the jailbreak), and put pubdevkey01.pem directly on your Kindle.
- put your device into fastboot mode using MfgTool or imx_usb_loader
- download, gunzip, and flash the diags kernel using fastboot flash diags_kernel kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags
- download, gunzip, and flash the SSH-enabled diags partition using fastboot flash diags kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
- boot into diags mode using fastboot setvar bootmode diags, followed by fastboot reboot
- Once in diags mode, enable USB Networking by choosing the following entries in this order: N - U - Z - X
- Configure the computer's USB network interface to use the static IP address 192.168.15.201
- SSH to the Kindle (its IP is 192.168.15.244) using username: root, password: mario
- Finally, execute the following commands on the Kindle:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/mmc/
cp /mnt/us/pubdevkey01.pem /mnt/mmc/etc/uks/
idme -d --bootmode main
Last edited by ixtab; 06-26-2013 at 11:22 AM.