I've had my M92 for about 2 weeks now. It's a great device. I use it all the time to read PDFs, annotate PDFs, and write notes. It does mostly what I want it to: a big screen ereader where it's easy to read academic PDFs, write on them, and to take handwritten notes. In this thread I'd like to point out some suggestions to improve the device further, in order of importance:
1. My biggest issue is not being able to merge perfectly horizontal and vertical lines. This is quite annoying. I hope this gets fixed: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...29&postcount=3
2. It would be great if it's possible to split the screen for multitasking. E.g. The top of the screen can be a PDF, the bottom can be another section of the same PDF like the bibliography, or the bottom can be Scribble so that I can take notes, or it can be a different PDF if I want to look something up. This is basically similar to how I work using paper, e.g. when an academic article references another one, I look at them both at the same time, or when it mentions a theorem, I might look that up in a textbook, and I have a notepad where I write my notes on.
3. It would also be nice if it's possible to export Scribbles as PDF. Currently we can only export the last page as a PNG. This is quite useless. The workaround is sketching on a blank PDF file, but one advantage of Scribble is that it doesn't have that bug where perfectly straight lines don't merge.
4. It would be good if there were universal PDF settings. For example, for all PDFs, I want to use glyph embolden level 1, always display hyperlinks, etc, but I have to set this up every time I open a new PDF. There should be a way to set default PDF settings that apply to all PDFs, unless you specifically change some settings within particular PDFs. This also applies to text-to-speech. It's quite annoying that the text-to-speech settings always reset every time the feature is used, instead these settings should be saved.
5. The annotation feature that highlights passages in PDFs ignores spaces. While I don't use this feature, I can see why it would be annoying when all annotations exported are unusable because there's no spaces. In fact, there seems to be a space detection bug. When you highlight a word for the dictionary it sometimes gets half the word or more than 1 word, and there's sometimes no way to highlight just 1 word. The dictionary also seems to have some redundant buttons, e.g. in the PDF viewer dictionary, the left icon (magnifying glass with "?") seems to do nothing. In the dictionary program on the menu, the 3rd and 4th icon from the left (the "?" and the magnifying glass) seem to do the exact same thing, i.e. lookup the definition of the word.
6. A lot of the margins settings seem redundant and repeated. For example: page mode and paper mode seems to do nothing. The following options seem to do exactly the same thing: Scrolling mode = to width, comic mode = to height, selection zoom = zoom by two points. In addition auto crop, asks for a number, but this numbers seems to do nothing. Auto crop always works correctly regardless of the number you enter. Auto-detect margin does nothing. This isn't really a complaint because, all the margin functionality is there, but there seems to be so much functionality that half of it doesn't need to be there. I suggest removing the duplicate features, and removing the need to enter a number for auto-crop (unless it really does do something that I'm not aware of).
7. When reading EPUBs using PDF reader, it would be good if there was an option to change fonts and to use "justified" instead of "left-aligned".
8. In the settings, what is the DRM settings? You choose a user name and password, but it doesn't seem to do anything.