From TeleRead, going to email Mike @ Overdrive
I'm Juli Monroe, and I'm a writer for TeleRead. Dan asked me to cover this story, and I'm gathering information to send off an email to Mike as a "reporter from TeleRead." No promises that he'll listen to me, but I'll give it a go.
Sorry for taking so long to get to this. Dan emailed me right as I was leaving for a conference, and I just got back.
I've skimmed through the entire thread and played around with the new system at my library (Fairfax County), and I basically agree that the new interface isn't great.
I've made a list of what seemed like the biggest complaints from the thread. Did I get it right? Am I missing something? Has anything from this list been corrected?
1. General hate for thumbnail view and "squashed" book information.
2. Wish list page that allows easy removal, hold requests and checkout
3. Return to the bookbag
4. While browsing, easy links for accessing hold requests, wish lists, bookbag and item on loan
5. More visual indication of a book's availability, especially in what format (so you don't accidentally check out and audio version when what you really wanted was Kindle)
6. Fewer click-throughs! (I completely agree with this. I miss seeing how many library copies are available on my Hold page.)
7. Search for "Add to Cart" on the Wishlist
8. Confirmation that returning a book that you checked out by mistake won't lock your account for "suspicious activity" (Never ran across that one, and I've done several same day returns. Lucky me!)
9. "Available now" to Wishlist filters
10. Going back to the Holds list from checkout instead of being directed to the bookshelf
Does that cover most of it?
I'll keep you posted, and let you know when the story is published.