View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #69
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Wrong. We'd all still be complaining. Have you seen how many kindle owners there are, here? We'd be wondering how an author could miss the most popular e-book device on the market!

No one... well, scratch that... *I* am not claiming this was evil or unscrupulous on Amazon's part. I think it was a bad move on Terry Goodkind's publisher's and agent's part. If you're going to enter the e-book market, it would probably be best not to do so in a manner calculated to piss off a whole lot of e-book buyers. Good business on Amazon's part, but bad move on Goodkind's.
I disagree that we'd all still be complaining. There seems to be a special level of vitriol and invective reserved for the Kindle. And I think that's what's coming through here.

I also disagree that it's a bad decision for TG. I'm guessing (and just guessing) that he got a special royalty rate for releasing exclusively for the Kindle. TG obviously believes the positives outweigh the negatives, or he wouldn't have gone with a Kindle exclusive release.

What is actually interesting, is what happens next. Will sales justify subsequent Kindle only releases, will he go multi-format for future books or will he exit the eBook market completely?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote