View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #68
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Sorry for those non-Kindle folks that won't be able to read his books, at least for now. But, I think it was a smart move on Amazon's part. They found a popular author who wasn't releasing ebooks at all, showed him a Kindle (the may have given him one for all I know), and got him to sign an exclusive deal.

Like it or not, that's good business, and exactly the way I would have done it. Amazon isn't in the business of making Sony or iLiad or Gen3 owners (or anyone else) happy. They're in the business of selling Kindles and Kindle ebooks. Sony is no different, and if they had gotten there first (and the could have - Sony had a year lead) I don't think a lot of you folks would be complaining.
Wrong. We'd all still be complaining. Have you seen how many kindle owners there are, here? We'd be wondering how an author could miss the most popular e-book device on the market!

No one... well, scratch that... *I* am not claiming this was evil or unscrupulous on Amazon's part. I think it was a bad move on Terry Goodkind's publisher's and agent's part. If you're going to enter the e-book market, it would probably be best not to do so in a manner calculated to piss off a whole lot of e-book buyers. Good business on Amazon's part, but bad move on Goodkind's.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 08-22-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote