View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #84
guma
Connoisseur
guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What I am somewhat upset at is the personal animus directed at their employees who volunteer their time on MobileRead. Often from people who do not appear to take understand that a bug has to be reproducible to be fixable. Take the time and effort to do this and it makes it a lot easier to fix the bug. But that is not as easy as kvetching.
Sorry to disagree, but it is not the responsibility of the customer to perform systematic testing and provide comprehensive bug reports in order to make it easier for KOBO to fix bugs that should not be there in the first place. It's the responsibility of KOBO to test all common use cases. And from my experience most bugs reported here apply to common use cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As for "minor bugs"? For the most part, I consider bugs to be minor if they do not interfere with my ability to read a book. The cover display bug? Annoying but not a show stopper -- I often read books in one sitting. Avenir font displaying italics as bold? Annoying but hardly a show stopper. The inability of Kobo's ereaders to connect to 5GHz wireless access points? Again, annoying but hardly a show stopper. The inability of my Glo to connect to a deskstop using a USB connection? Well, a show stopper for that machine but connected happily on my laptop and other computers. That one was traced to an issue with an AMD motherboard with a non-AMD usb filter driver installed. The inability to read a book with an apostrophe in the name? A showstopper until I tracked the problem down.
I applaud your high level of tolerance regarding these bugs. However, it puzzles me that, at the same time, you obviously do not tolerate the negative opinions of other KOBO owners who choose to not ignore/accept/tolerate such bugs in a commercial product.
guma is offline   Reply With Quote