View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #17
Turtle91
Guru
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5/iPad 1&2/Surface Pro/Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Multimedia in eBooks could be a huge step backwards. And I see it as something that's a gimmick and I see it being overused and ruining reading.

I remember not too many years (months?) ago when people were saying the exact same thing about ebooks...."oh, it will ruin reading", "I like the smell and feel of turning a paper page", "authors will never go for it"....

Times change. Technology changes. What is new and fandangled now is old hat and "like, so 10 minutes aagoo" tomorrow.

I completely support your desire for a basic book so that you can read it on your eink device. But perhaps you should allow others to take advantage of new technology/formats/standards if they wish??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote