View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #81
BWinmill
Wizard
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Yes, and the exact opposite happens all the time as well.
I was presenting the alternate view point, so please forgive me for neglecting the alternate-alternate viewpoint because both sides exhibit this behaviour.

Again from my perspective, a lot of the animosity is created by the tone of the message. Too much denial, you sound like a fanboi. Too much anger, and it sounds like you have a bone to pick. Stick to the facts, or as close to them as possible, and I don't see why there should be accusations of being negative (or positive).

Well, at least in the support threads. There ain't anything wrong with having a positive chat about the device or ranting about its failures, just do it in the right place (e.g. don't pollute support threads, don't rain on people's threads, and don't fight a thunderstorm with sunshine). Also realise that some people may have different opinions on the matter and we should respect that.

For those who don't know the difference between opinion and fact:

Fact: My Kobo's not responding to touch. How do I fix it?
Opinion: Kobo is a piece of trash because it is buggy.

Just so that I'm not accused of picking favourites:

Fact:
I have never had problems with touch. Maybe you have a defective unit.
Opinion: Kobo is the best reader ever because it comes in pink.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote