Originally Posted by GeoffR
Could we design a standard objective test for battery life?
Choose a standard reference text (War and Peace perhaps :-)
Select standard font, margin, linespacing, settings.
Charge battery to 100%
Page through the reference book from start to finish.
Report battery level.
Originally Posted by moffattm
This sounds like an excellent idea. Without standardising the testing there are too many variables involved that can skew the results.
- Epub of this book: http://www.feedbooks.com/book/83/war-and-peace
- Font: Georgia
- Font advanced: Weight: in the middle; Sharpness: in the middle
- Size: 8 steps from 0
- Line spacing: 0
- Marings: 1 step from 0
- Justification: yes (most right hand side)
- Light: on, minimum setting
- Refresh screen every 6 pages
- Automatically sleep/wake with sleepcover: off
- Wifi: off
- µSD: empty
- Navigate to page 1 (the cover)
- Charge to 100%
- Unplug charger
- Page to the end
- Report battery charge in %.