View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
As part of our troubleshooting, I did have to update to 5.3.3... that shouldnt' mess wth the jailbreak and collection manager, should it?
Yes and no. Your PW is still jailbroke, and all your collections are still the same (even nested ones). For 5.3.3 you need the newest CM, or it won't run. Think you have the newest one already. The Kindlet Jailbreak got lost in when you updated to 5.3.3 - needs reinstalled. Then CM should work - if it still doesn't open, the developer certificates need installed. Not 100% sure if they get wiped. So just install Kindlet Jailbreak, try CM, if it works yay, if not, dev certs. UPDATE: The Developer Certificates are indeed needed, see here for more details ( thank you, ixtab, for clearing that up).

EDIT: I know when I upgraded mine to 5.3.3 I noticed the *** Jailbreak *** notice from the JB bridge. Not sure why it would not have worked on BeccaPrice's update to 5.3.3

EDIT2: When I updated, I downloaded the update file from Amazon, put on PW, and chose "update Kindle" from menu. Is this important to trigger the JB bridge, rather than just restarting and or letting Kindle download over wifi?

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-25-2013 at 06:05 AM.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote