View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #76
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
DNSB,

While your comments were obviously of the personal attack variety I'm not rising to the bait... I've expressed my opine with sufficient lucidity to anyone not wrapped up in the sacred cult of the Fanboi, or employed by the company in question, and I imagine those experiencing those "In your humble opinion, minor" bugs have a slightly different opinion than your own. Especially, when some of us have spent the better parts of a day restoring firmware, updating, downloading books yet again, etc. just so we can get a device working again. This is unacceptable behavior in anything above Chinese knockoff status.

It's OK to have a few bugs in firmware and expect people to upgrade to get them fixed, it's a bit less acceptable to be forcibly upgraded, find even more egregious bugs and need to downgrade to be able to stand using the device. Repeating this cycle multiple times with new firmwares is more than sloppy and will not "make friends and influence people." Go ahead and defend that sort of BS.

Frankly, I think this forum should be more concerned with truth than issues like negativity and positivity. I'd rather be Diogenes dragging that damned lantern around than find myself wearing a corporately designed and tailored sheep's costume whilst waiting for the fellow in the Wile Coyote outfit to take another pass at fleecing me. At least when being honest you can live with yourself.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote