View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #87
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 2, iPad 3&1, iPhone 5S, LG 8.3 & G2, Kobo Mini, Kindle DX&3
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson View Post
Certainly, many people could never go back to using a non-retina screen—but that doesn't mean that *everyone* or even *most* people see that great a difference in the screens.
I doubt that. Seeing the same content on iPad 2 and iPad 3 side by side, it's impossible to deny the superiority of the Retina screen, or to deny the existence of marked differences. To the casual eye of a casual user, the difference might not be obvious at first glance, but after you point out the differences specifically, everyone can see them.

For example, open the iPad's Settings app on both iPad 2 and iPad 3, lay them side by side, and compare the look of the text. Dramatic difference.

I find that Retina screens are especially crucial for reading e-books. All fonts, no matter which you prefer, are so much crisper on Retina (or equivalent) screens.

Of course, if you're happy with previous-decade screens, that's fine, too. You'll be able to save some money, I guess (though not in the case of the heavily overpriced iPad mini).
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote