Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #63
VelvetElvis
Groupie
VelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterVelvetElvis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Asus Memo Pad HD7, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
My GF's Glo has similar awful battery life. She only uses the light about 1/3 of the time, max, WiFi is always off. She reads probably 2 hours a day.

Charged fully 2 days ago, and it's down to about 1/3 left. We upgraded her from a Touch, which was significantly better. Thought maybe it needed to be re-calibrated, so I did a paperclip reset, but it made no difference.

I'm just getting her to compile some more accurate figures, then firing off a letter to Kobo support for service info.

UPDATE: Jan 17
---------------
3 days after a full charge, it went dead on Sleep mode, WiFi off. Sent the details to Kobo, and they're supposed to be sending me a replacement. I hope it's new/near new, as this one was hosed out-of-the-box.
Contacted Kobo, explained everything I tried, and they simply said that the reader would need to be replaced. Replacement came yesterday after about 4 days, with a pre-paid return envelope.

Although I haven't had a chance to wring out the new one, I'm very happy with the support Kobo has provided.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote