View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #10
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I like Stephen King's ghost stories too. King's ghosts are non-corporeal, they can scare the characters into doing something harmful but are not generally able to physically injure. Nor are they always evil. Some are quite helpful in fact.

Duma Key and Bag of Bones are two I enjoyed.
I've tried King's Skeleton Crew and I didn't get on with it. Then I read that story The Road and I see what a genius he is. It was brilliant, but too painful to read.

What I want is scary fun! But not too fun, you know what I mean? I want escapism, that is not too depressing, and that is also scary.

Anyway, I will check out what people have suggested. I'm surprised nobody's mentioned James Herbert. He wrote a book called Creed which I really enjoyed. Great fun, and scary, and the hero wins.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote