View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #266
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I buy mainly from Amazon but prefer to 'liberate' my ebooks so usually sideload and only rarely have them sent wirelessly. I do download the odd free book directly to my Kindle though. And despite showing my Mum how to keep her ebooks on her computer and load them onto her Kindle, she uses the WiFi all the time as it's far quicker and easier for her.

For sheer speed and ease of use, the combination of Amazon, Kindle & WiFi is very, very good.
I also liberate paid content, but find it quite simple to move/copy ebooks from my Kindle to Calibre for this purpose, so when new content is coming from Amazon, I use Wi-Fi or 3G to download directly to the device. Part of this is convenience: my Kindles live upstairs by my bed while my PC sits downstairs. I batch liberate, tag and otherwise organize my content via USB from my Kindles to Calibre about once a month. The rest of the time, I only turn on the Kindle radios when I know something new is coming from Amazon, or some news via Calibre and email.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote