View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #74
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I have the iPod touch 5th generation and I used the iPhone 4 for 2 years. I can tell the difference between the screen on my iPod and iPad mini, however I don't think the difference is that much. The retina display is nicer but the mini's display is good enough for me. It's not as terrible as was made out. It's a lot better than the screen on my galaxy tab 2 10.1 and slightly better than the nexus 7.
I would agree. There is more difference between the mini and the iPad 2 than the mini and a retina display. People look at the numbers and assume that the size difference in the numbers are related to how much better it is. There is a law of diminishing returns here. 134 to 160 ppi is noticeable if you look for it but beyond 160 requires hold the screen up to your face to really see much difference. Of course crispness does count for something but while reading you will not notice it much. Having said this it is true that this does not necessarily apply to everyone but then someone who needs 300 plus ppi can't necessarily assume everyone else should demand it just because they want it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote