Thread: MobileRead June 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #33
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clié; PRS-505; EZR Pocket Pro, PRS-600, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I agree.
However, I'd personally love for it to be all inclusive. Basically if it won some sort of recognized award, then it qualifies to be nominated.
Definitely. I'm hoping people choose to seek out smaller awards related to subjects or groups of interest to them; I certainly don't want to exclude the larger awards.

Quote:
I'm hoping, if the category wins, that people will also list the award(s) that their nomination has won. It would be cool to see that a book has won both a "larger, well known" award as well as an "oddball" award; that, to me, would indicated even wider appeal than just one or the other.
I'd expect people to list the award, and if possible, provide a link. That helps the goal of "find new books to read and enjoy" even if it's not required by the nominate-and-vote process.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote